Monday, February 20, 2012

Microsoft for Mac

I recently purchased Microsoft software for my Mac. I had used pages, keynote, and numbers for most of my freshmen year but at the end of last semester I decided it was better to switch for a number of reasons. The main reason however was that Apple software is just not compatible at my school and I was getting tired of having to export every pages document to word just so I could print. Also, every time I export a document the font and spacing would shrink just slightly enough that my 10 pages paper would become 9.5. Never good when you're trying to maximize you page count. I had two options: buy a printer or buy the software. The software was the obvious choice, in the long run it would be less expensive and take up less room in my already tight dorm room.
I love the Microsoft Word for Mac software! While I haven't had time to try out Excel or Powerpoint yet I rarely miss pages. The main reason? The notes template which allows me to type up my class notes in a ridiculously organized way. It has become the best investment I made this year and I can already tell the notes will help me during midterm week to stay organized and (relatively) stress free!

No comments:

Post a Comment